TechCampus Turku launched an RDI service (2023-2027) at the beginning of 2023 to increase the utilization of expertise of the University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University, Turku University of Applied Sciences and Novia University of Applied Sciences, especially in region’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The service promotes the research, development, and innovation (RDI) expertise of the universities to the companies in the region and serves as a contact point for companies interested in university collaboration. The service, funded by the City of Turku, enables companies to easily find the most suitable university partners.
RDI voucher for joint projects between SMEs and universities – apply now!
Through the RDI service, companies can benefit from a 5,000-euro RDI voucher, which will be distributed up to 100,000 euros annually until 2027. The voucher can be used for joint projects between the company and the university, and the grant is limited to a maximum of 50 per cent of the project’s value. Although the RDI service is coordinated by TechCampus Turku, SMEs from any industry are eligible for the voucher. The location of the company is also irrelevant.
The voucher can be used for:
- Research projects (e.g. related to product development)
- Analysis and measurement services (utilizing the versatile infrastructure of universities)
- Project application preparation (utilizing the expertise of universities to assist in company funding applications)
- Thesis work
The following conditions apply to the RDI voucher:
- The company must be an SME (annual turnover of no more than 50 million euros, no more than 250 employees). Micro-enterprises are also eligible for the RDI voucher.
- The company can be located anywhere in Finland.
- The joint project must be carried out with one or more of the following universities: the University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University, Turku University of Applied Sciences and Novia University of Applied Sciences.
- The value of the voucher is limited to 5,000 euros per project (limitation: one voucher per company per year).
- The grant amount from the voucher is limited to a maximum of 50 per cent of the project’s value.
- If two or more companies are involved in the project, a “bonus voucher” can be granted to the project (the companies must provide at least 50 per cent of the project’s total value as self-financing).
- The voucher is de minimis aid, and the company is responsible for reporting on the aid received.
- The voucher is always paid to the university, so it is only suitable for projects in which the company purchases the service from the university.
- The voucher’s primary focus is on funding new initiatives between companies and universities
The continuous application period is open, and applications received by 31 December 2023 will be considered next. Up to ten 5,000-euro vouchers will be distributed in this round. The grants will be awarded in January 2024.
Apply for an RDI voucher by filling in the application form.
(In alphabetical order by company name)
- Ai2Ai Oy & University of Turku, 5 000 euros for the joint project ”HEAL tutkimusprojekti: Pelillinen interventio ja älykäs teknologia alakouluikäisten lasten terveyden tasa-arvon tukena”
- Aurlide Oy & University of Turku, 5 000 euros for the joint project ”Molecular discovery for promising drug discovery target”
- Care4living Oy & University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, 3 000 euros for the joint project ”Characterization and of pharmaceutically important compounds”
- DelSiTech Oy & University of Turku, 3 100 euros for the joint project ”Development of Microbiological Testing Methods for DelSiTech™ Silica-based Drug Delivery Products”
- ED Design Oy & Turku University of Applied Sciences, 2 852 euros for the joint project ”Markkinointisuunnitelma, sosiaalisen median markkinointi ja asiakashankintaprojekti”
- Finnish Global Education Solutions Oy & University of Turku, 5 000 euros for the joint project “Reading Bridge: Filling Learning Gaps”
- Medicortex Finland Oyj & University of Turku, 5 000 euros for the joint project ”Pulssitettujen mikroaaltojen elinvaikutukset”
- Misvik Biology Oy & University of Turku, 4 340 euros for the joint project ”Proteomiikka-pohjaiset tutkimusmenetelmät osana lääkekehityksen targetti-identifikaatiota”
- Preloved Coffee Oy Ltd. & Turku University of Applied Sciences, 5 000 euros for the joint project “Preloved Coffee valorisation of spent coffee grounds”
- Uniogen Oy & Turku University of Applied Sciences, 5 000 euros for the joint project ”Proteiinikonjugoitujen Upcon nanopartikkeleiden stabilointi kylmäkuivauksella”
- UWIS Oy & Turku University of Applied Sciences, 1 178 euros for the joint project ”Markkinointisuunnitelma valitulle kohderyhmälle”
For more information on the RDI service and the RDI voucher application, please contact us:
+358 44 715 0291
+358 40 548 4588
The RDI service project for 2023-2027 is implemented by the universities of TechCampus Turku and Business Turku, and the project is funded by the City of Turku.